Phosguard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
How Long should I run phosguard in my reactor. Just a couple of days or can i run it longer?

You havent provided any details on your setup, but in general, you could and should always run some kine of phosphate removal in a reef to prevent buildup of phosphates. You change it when it no longer works (phosphates start to rise).

I run phosguard too and I change it about every other water change (so about 3 weeks), it just depends on how "hard" it is having to work. If you have large amounts of silicates or phosphates then every few days, if not, then it all depends on bioload. Some people do it every week, some once a month.

Try changing it every two weeks, if it is still keeping your levels down where they should be then try three weeks, and so on until you get to where your parameters are rising before you change it out and you know that is too long, so you know to change it a week sooner. Just need to find a balance. Am I making sense? Haha

Back
Top Bottom