Phosphate in rodi water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I am closely monitoring my water paremeters adding my first ever coral. I am having a slight phosphate issue that is causing a roadblock. Phosphate levels are at .25 prior to running phosban. Trying to trace where they are coming from I tested my pure rodi water that is in my storage container in salted and I am measuring it at .25 and it stays at that level after adding my reef crystals. I am using a ro buddy system with a new di filter and about 90 gallons through the other membranes. and no I do not have a tds meter yet. I will pick one up this week. But my main question is in my storage. I am storing my water in a Rubbermaid roughneck garbage can could this possibly be the issue? Or can my levels be that high prior to filtering?

If there are phosphates in the water coming out of the system you have a problem. You want to have 0 TDS and if there are phosphates then it isn't at 0. If the containers are rated for being OK for drinkable water...I think it is a 2...then it shouldn't be leaking anything into the water.

I read this;

You cannot accurately test phosphates in ultrapure water. Trust a good handheld TDS meter such as the HM Digital COM-100 which is 10x more sensitive than most meters are extremely accurate at low ranges. Hobbyist grade test kits and meters will not be accurate. While phosphates are weakly ionized they will register on a good low range TDS meter.

Ask your water utility if they are adding phosphates as a form of corrosion control in the distribution system, if so keep up with your DI replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom