phosphate reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spontuzak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a phosphate reactor for a 48g tank. I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want a piece of crap either. Suggestions appreciated.

theres nothing to a GFO reactor, you can diy one out of a water bottle a tiny utility pum and some hose

I use a via aqua 20/20. comes with the pump and everything you need right out the box. Just buy your choice of gfo

I use Two Little Fishes Phosban Reactor 550....Works a treat, although easy to make a DIY Reactor...it's definitely worth the money to invest in a purpose built unit, you won't come home to a disaster, maybe just use a stocking with media in it till you can afford the one you really want. Don't take short cuts as you will lose money in the long run.... I have learnt this the hard way!

KwakaZX12R said:
I use Two Little Fishes Phosban Reactor 550....Works a treat, although easy to make a DIY Reactor...it's definitely worth the money to invest in a purpose built unit, you won't come home to a disaster, maybe just use a stocking with media in it till you can afford the one you really want. Don't take short cuts as you will lose money in the long run.... I have learnt this the hard way!

I agree, thanks for the feedback.

I use phosguard in a $3 mesh bad in my spillway whenever I detect a spike. Works fine for me as long as it's in a high flow area and one less piece of plumbing to go wrong.

Gregcoyote said:
I use phosguard in a $3 mesh bad in my spillway whenever I detect a spike. Works fine for me as long as it's in a high flow area and one less piece of plumbing to go wrong.

Yea, I am doing the same. Just not working well enough for me. I'll just continue to use it, maybe it will come around.

Using media in a bag won't immediately work, you have to give it some time. Same thing with a reactor even, it didn't happen overnight and can't be fixed overnight either. Once again patience comes into play LOL

Back
Top Bottom