phosphate remover ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
well after asking about the phos buster from carbi sea inc i guess no one has used the product yet. so here my issue, my phosphates are off the charts and have been every since the tank started last year. my tap water is very high phosphate. how i intend to fix that is this stuff i bought phos buster http://aquariumplant.com/cgi-bin/cart/SS794.html

now they say its reef safe and will not hurt anything in the tank, however i not sure and with a few hunder dollars of livestock thats doing great i dont want to throw something in there that wont work. Also i try to go natural to cure any problem in my tank before i resource to using chemical to cure it.

i will use this to cure the problem inside the tank because water changes have caused more of a problem than helping. so i will add the phos buster to the tank to remove the phosphates and buy a filter to remove phosphates from my tap water and then i hope to cure the problem.

i would like to know what other opinions there are out there to fix this problem. also i have a court jester that only feeds on my alage and snails, by removing the phosphates will i need to get rid of the court jester since i do not want him to starve. since after removing the phosphates i assume the green and brown alage will start to disapper and my coraling will final be able to grow and spread.
thank in advance for any help

I have also had a problem with phosphates, and tried everything I could think of without using chemical warfare. I gave in. Two days ago I received my phosban reactor from captivereefs.com. So far, so good. No bad reactions to corals or inverts, and this morning my phosphates were at zero. I did a water change yesterday and vacuumed my sand. Today, there is far less cyno on the sand, and my glass is clean - YIPEE!

I feel for you, make sure the product is reef safe - I understand the only two that are truly reef safe are phosban and Rowa. Captivereefs has both.

Hope this helps.

When my phosphates were off the charts, I used Phos-Zorb. I used a piece of panty-hose and filled it up to about the size of a baseball and put it in front of the spray bar. After 2 days, my phosphates were cut in half, but that was as good as I could get it.

After changing from a CC substrate to live sand, my phosphates now are almost always at zero. A 15% water change puts it back to zero whenever it rises.

My tap water I believe is pretty good, here are the results after testing it twice.

PH - 7.7
Ammonia - ???? (An entirely different color than what my test card has, not a hint of green)
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Phosphate - 0

Back
Top Bottom