1. Fill test tube with 5 ml of water.
2. Add 3 drops of bottle #1. Cap and shake well.
3. Add 3 drops of bottle #2. Cap and shake well.
4. Add 3 drops of bottle #3. Cap and shake well. (Sensing a pattern here?)
5. Wait 2 minutes.
6. And here's the hard part since you don't have the instructions... Match the color of the water in the tube with the color chart printed on the back of your instruction book.
Obviously, clear is 0.0. Just a hint of blue is 0.25ppm. A hint more is 0.5ppm. Definite baby blue is 1.0. Anything over that you should just assume you have a problem! Actually... if you see any blue at all you should assume you have a problem because the sensitivity of the Hagen test is just too low. Your first hint of any color comes at 0.25ppm, versus the Salifert test which registers faint blue at 0.03ppm.