Phosphate test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have phosphate issues in my 55 reef. The color of my corals was mostly browned. I have been battling it with GFO through a reactor, but didn't see much improvement. I added a Hanna checker, Hanna Checker Phosphate PO4 Colorimeter - Bulk Reef Supply, and it has greatly assisted me adjust things. The hair algae growth has slowed considerably. It can take months for corals to regain color, so I can't report on all of them but many are getting bright.

Sometimes things can be expensive in the SW side of the hobby. The tester costs 50 bucks, might not be in everyone's budget but it is the best phosphate test for us as hobbiests IMO. It is simple to use. If you are looking into these, I would assume that you are getting into corals. If this is the case, the Hanna calcium, alk, and phosphate tests are bundled together on marinedepot.com for less money and might be worth looking into for a "down the road" sort of purchase.

I've been following this thread and this is the most valuable post I've seen. Answers the question from the OP and gives good information too. :thanks:

I will be following along here too. I have been battling b both nitrate and phosphates as well. I use the API test kut but the one I have does not have the phosphate tester.

I will be following along here too. I have been battling b both nitrate and phosphates as well. I use the API test kut but the one I have does not have the phosphate tester.

I don't know it it's useful for the purposes being discussed but you'd need the Reef Master Test Kit.

Back
Top Bottom