Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-13-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi all. I have a 29G tank and I'm wondering what the best way would be to help reduce phosphates. It only has a HOB with filter floss since I felt the tank was too small to put in a sump.

I was looking at a GFO reactor but was wondering if it would work to jisy put a filter bag of GFO in my HOB filter.

Would this help do you think? And what product would you advise? I think I can get PhosGuard locally but anything else I would have to order.

Or should I perhaps look at the dual reactor from BRS with the GFO and carbon chambers?

I guess I should mention that my phosphates are .16 right now. Doing a water change after class tomorrow and am going to check again after.

alyxandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Phosgaurd or CPE will help a little, but the easiest way would probably be a couple 50% wcs which should get you to .04ish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

BigRedsReefs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You can just place the product in a mesh bag and place it in a high flow area. .16ppm of P4 isn't bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Gregcoyote is online now   Reply With Quote

ate, phosphate, phosphates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com