Originally Posted by ccCapt
Phosphate inhibits calcification, which is the process of hard corals building their skeletons. Since you only mentioned soft corals being in your tank you probably wouldn't see much of an effect from higher phosphates, except maybe for excessive algae growth.
No excessive algae growth unless I don't clean my glass for like a week, I only clean the front glass so the snails and urchin have plenty to eat , even then I would not call it excessive. Now you mentioned the calcification of corals, coraline algae is a calcified type of algae correct ? That grows fast in my tank , to the point I was worried about my power heads and ran them under how water to kill it off :-/