phosphates in ro water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I checked my RO water and I am getting a reading of atleast .25 (phosphates), what do I need to change? Appearently this is my algae problem

Are you buying it or is it your own system? If it's your own have you changed/cleaned the filters recently? Flushed the membrane? Is the test kit good or expired or exposed to heat?

Start by changing your DI resin first. It is less exspensive then the membrane. If you are still seeing PO4, replace the membrane. Do you have a TDS meter?

I don't have a TDS meter, wish I did. What is the DI resin? It doesn't show me in the manual. In fact, it's not very informative at all. I wasn't aware I should clean it, it just says to replace the membrane when the water is cloudy or smells bad or the TDS meter shows it needs it.

Thanks everybody for all the help. I was under the impression that these filters would last me a year. I have had it 5 months. Does that sound right?

Sorry for all the questions, Alex is gone during the week so I am forced to do the "man work" ha ha. J/K

Do you have an RO water filter or RO & DI? You might not have a DI filter. Some you can just change the resin in the canister others, you have to change the whole cartridge.

Mine has both ro and di. So what I am changing basically is the first cartridge. In the manual it marks it as DI. Before looking at it I thought it was the top one. Then I see there is carbon and sediment. Doesn't say what the top one is. Which one is the membrane?

Check with one of AA sponsors or Aqua FX directly. They should be able to get you what you need.

Back
Top Bottom