Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
PH's during feeding?

Simple question, Do you all turn your PH's off during feeding?

I was feeding my damsel the other day and when my two 900 PH's got ahold of the flake food they turned it to shreds!!!

God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I do not turn off anything when I'm feeding my fish. Does the ocean turn off its wavemakers when it comes time for the fish to feed?

I do, however, feed out of a turkey baster (used for this ONLY) and target feed my fish. The second it goes into the water, they zoom to it and start "sucking" on it like a baby bottle. Saves a ton of food from being spread all over the place. After they eat for a few min this way, I'll dump the last few specks into the tank so that my crabs have a bit more to chew on.

RLG2182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
I will only turn my PH off if im target feeding corals otherwise i leave them on. If using flake food i always soak it in water so it dont just float at the top before i feed...Helps alot!
" 'TAP TAP TAP'...Here fishy fishy fishy"
gooyferret is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com