phyto or zooplanc for Gorgs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which Kent liquid product should I be purchasing to feed non photosynthetic gorgonians? phytoplex, microvert, or zooplex?

- Skins

Gorgonias will eat both assuming they are the proper size for the species. Is the gorgonia you have photosynthetic or a strict filter feeder?

non photosynthetic. Yellow and Red Gorgonians from reeftopia.com. I'm proud to say that I have never said this until now - but, I didn't research these enough. I thought I was getting photosynthetic gorgs. These are in a low flow seahorse tank so I want to make sure I get the right food for them.

Non photosynthetic gorg's will require several target feedings per week. Live phyto, along w/ some good zoo, like DT's oyster eggs, would be good choices IMO. I guess you know these gorgs are hard to keep regardless. They tend to get covered with algae, even if nothing else in the aquarium is having that issue. A gentle cleaning with a soft toothbrush works well at removing it. HTH

I have had several different gorgonians over the years and have found that DT's(regular or oyster eggs) keeps them the most happy but I have not found that they are hard to keep. If they get any alge on them just shake it off. Havent had the guts to go with the seahorses yet but more power to ya! HTH and good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom