pic of my 3 weeks old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltankmate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
it's a 30g long tank. Cycle only took 2 weeks. NH3=0, NO2 = 0, NO3 = 10
I have 6 snails in there so far
click the pics to enlarge

full tank shot

close up

Looks good. Did you seed it with anything for it to only take 2 weeks? If your parmeters are OK do you have your first fish picked out?

i have no clue how come it's that fast....but i asked about it in here. they said most likely it's cycled. maybe i used live rocks form liveaquaria.com (overnight shipping)...to speed up my cycle. good stuff. i plan to add a fire shrimp 1st

You need to keep some type of bioload on the tank. A fire shrimp will not be enough. If not adding a fish you need to feed the tank a little to keep the bacteria population up.

Throw some Blue Green Chromis in there for initial load
they are cheap and entertaining fish... make sure you do an odd # of them

Tank looks great!! (y)

Chromis would be nice like Raker333 said. I would like some. We have one but I want more. It looks really nice. Good luck....ENJOY.

That's a sweet and simple setup, dude! Hey, we're both CUSA Orbit light fixture owners. Cool. I like your setup. simple and clean.

Ever thought of putting a maroon clown in there or something? (Im just biased of maroon clown. They're my favorite. Don't mind me!)

Also, why not try to add a lawnmower blenny in there?

I give you two thumbs up. What a clean and simple setup! Great start!!

AMANIQU77 said:
That's a sweet and simple setup, dude! Hey, we're both CUSA Orbit light fixture owners. Cool. I like your setup. simple and clean.

Ever thought of putting a maroon clown in there or something? (Im just biased of maroon clown. They're my favorite. Don't mind me!)

Also, why not try to add a lawnmower blenny in there?

I give you two thumbs up. What a clean and simple setup! Great start!!

thanks! love the orbit! i got the 36" 96W x 2
i like the maroon clown also, the gold stripe maroon i mean. search about it, and it's semi-aggressive. what other tank mate can i have with the maroon?

Back
Top Bottom