Pic of tank up-grade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finially got around to posting a pic of my new tank. Went from a 40gal to a 72gal BF. I finished the up-grade about three weeks ago. It was a lot of work but I am happy with how it turned out. I had to post the picture in my gallery because I could not get on the thread. Thanks for looking! Lando

4833uploadable_pics_008-med.jpg

edited by reefrunner69 to show pic

That is one ugly tank........... :mrgreen: J/K looks great, I like the gap in the middle, good aquascaping. Really, really, NICE!

Thanks everyone, it is nice to have it done, but now I find myself thinking of what else I can put in it!

Rev...got about 100 lbs of LR. There is about 80 in the display tank and about 20 in the sump. Also, 90 lbs of LS

Sorry about that Rev. I think it is a matter of perspective. You have some pretty big chunks of rock spread out along the width of your tank. You can not really tell by my photo but I built two reefs in my tank. there is a larger one on the left hand side that runs diagonal to the center of the tank. there is an open channel in the middle and I built a smaller one on the right side of the tank. I also built up a small portion in the middle at the back to give a more three dimensional depth to the tank. So I do not think you got hosed on the LR. You do have some nice looking pieces.

You can not really tell by my photo but I built two reefs in my tank
What do you mean by this?

Not wanting to take away from you thread. Your tank is awe inspiring to me. :wink: VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL!

revhtree, it may simply be that your rock is a lot more dense and so you got less but it weighs the same.

BTW lando.. love the tank!

Thanks again everyone! Rev, what I mean by "Built two reefs" is simply that I made one rock pile on one side of the tank and another one on the other side. this gives more open space in the middle. Plus, I am doing fostercare for my friend's powder blue tang right now because of an over-aggressive clown trigger. This way both my purple and now powder blue can have their own space. Saves a lot of fighting, an I just like the way it breaks things up. I stole the idea from the book "Natural Reef Aquariums."

Back
Top Bottom