Picasso gave a beaten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a Picasso a couple of days ago. I have a Niger trigger in there too. The Picasso gave him a little beaten, chewed up a fin on him. The Niger is ok, he's just doesn't live in the small rock now, the Picasso took it over. I'm going to do some rearranging this weekend and add some pieces of PVC to make some stable hiding places. Any other ideas?

Picassos are known to be highly aggressive, I don't know that you will ever have harmony. IF your profile is current, I would be thinking that your crabs and snails are gonna disappear soon as well as possibly the other fish.....maybe redoing the rock formation will help, but normally that is the fix when the "original" fish in the tank are being too aggressive, not the add on. Hopefully the pvc will help, but even though that may save the life of the niger, it could turn into a situation where you never see it out anymore as it is being too terrorized. Time will tell.

Also both of those fish will eventually outgrow that tank which may make the aggression worse down the road.

:D so you got the picaso :D Fun fish to watch :lol: Is the picaso still being agresive towards its tankmates?When I first got mine about 5 months ago, he was very aggresive for about a week or so.Now he just does his own thing and doesnt bother any of his tankmates.he will eat ALL of your snails.

Also, he will get aggressive when you put in a new tankmate thats similar in shape or smaller.I QT mine when I add a fish.

Back
Top Bottom