Picasso trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
So 2 places say it can be in a 55 gal+, one place says it can be in a 65 gal+ and one place says it can be in a 170+. So what is the minimum tank.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So 2 places say it can be in a 55 gal+, one place says it can be in a 65 gal+ and one place says it can be in a 170+. So what is the minimum tank.

It depends on the size of the fish. For example: A 1" Picasso doesn't need a 170 gal tank to grow in to start. It can be maintained in a much smaller tank for a while. However, no matter what "minimum" sized aquarium you use, eventually, it will need a large aquarium because it does get to a large size ( 8"-10") and can get more aggressive than "usual" when cramped or crowded. When will know it's time to upgrade the tank if you go small? Answer: When you start losing fish that can't be explained. ;):whistle: This is why you want to start with as large an aquarium as possible for these fish.

Hope this helps. (y)

So could I keep one all by itself in a 55?

I wouldn't recommend it. These fish grow fast and would mean you'd need to spend more money to upgrade the entire system. That simply doesn't make sense. Want a big fish, no matter the size, should be housed in the size tank it can live out its life in. This was it will be as stress free as possible. Healthy fish will live longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom