Picked Up a New Tank - Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonboyb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Local guy had this and I picked it up for a great deal. 30 gallon acrylic made by GlassCages and a 25'ish gallon sump/fuge. Unfortunately, the tank was drilled for closed loop (in unusual locations too:-?) and I want to modify it to have a rear internal overflow and relocate the return and drain into the overflow so I can take advantage of the sump setup. My initial thoughts were to buy a black overflow and cut it to length and redrill the holes, but I can't find anyone selling just an overflow structure. I can build one, but it won't look near as professional. Is there a company who can build me a black plastic overflow to my specs?

Also, is there an easy (and dependable) was to seal the 2 holes once I relocate the pipes? Or should I get a pro to weld new acrylic over the holes? Thanks.

img_0405.jpg

How would you guys/gals go about sealing the 2 current bulkhead holes to make them permanently sealed. I don't want to fight leaks in those locations. Is the acrylic cement durable?

I`ve seen it before on this site where someone glued acrylic pieces on to their tank.

That is what I would also do....glue the acrylic in first... use 1 piece of acrylic for each hole overlapped by about 1 inch around on the inside of the tank the fill the holes with cement ...I did something similar on my 150 glass tank that had small closed loop holes drilled

Back
Top Bottom