Picked up a Nice BTA..where'd he go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK.. Will Do.. Wife says he's now right side up but still in the sand..

I have alot of LR pieces down in my sump.. I should be able to find a good piece for this

I'm actually heading home right now. I'll report back in 10 mins when I can see what's going on.

ok.. Home now :)

BTA was in fact right side up, in the back of the tank near the little ledge he was initially hiding under.

I added a nice piece of LR from the sump that has a good spot for the BTA to attach it's base to. However, the moment my hand was in the tank, he moved under the ledge. I also moved a couple rocks around to make room for it and was completely attacked by my 2 clowns. Little Buggers kept coming :)

So.. now I wait and hope he moves again to a better spot. There is no way I can get to him in his current location.. If he's in the sandbed again, I'll relocate him to the new spot I set up and try the feeding method.

EDIT: Was able to reach around the tank and snap this shot with my Cellphone... not that great, but you get the idea.. He's under this ledge facing the back glass:
anemone.jpg

Hmmm... I would leave it be for now. Trying to remove it could damage the foot and you don't want to do that. From the pic it looks fairly healthy though a little bleached. Keep an eye on him and see how things go over the next few days.

UPDATE - Since my last post, the BTA had not moved.. he attached himself under that rock ledge and settled in. He looked great BTW.. But, I can't leave him there where the only way to view him is to hold a little mirror to the side of the tank.

So, Last night at lights off, I changed the direction of my waterflow. Instead of pointing the PH to the front of the tank, I pointed it to the back. Hoping a change of flow might entice him to relocate.

This morning he was still under the ledge. However, when my Actinics came on he immediatly left his spot and is now a few inches out. I'm hoping he'll move to the front of the tank now

Here's a pic of him taken just now from the front of the tank - visible behind the green rock:):

anemone2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom