picking my fish 75 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbtrave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon LR tank that has been up and running since December. I had help and i find it is all wrong i think. I have a skimmer with a ramora pro, a 18 watt coralife sterilizer and 80 pounds of LR. At the moment I have a maroon clown , a hawk fish a coral Bandy shrimp and a chocolate chip star fish. I think I have to get rid of the maroon clown , the shrimp, and the star fish. I want to keep the hawk fish,. I really like the blue tangs and the yellow ones ( actually they are all nice. I want 2 docile clowns ( I have 5 anenimys doing well). I would like a flame angel and some pearly jaw fish. Any suggestions comments? How should i ad these. Also can you do a lion fish with this kind of set up. I also had a panther grouper (clown fish killed him) I liked him a lot also. Ready to buy. Do you have different suggestions?
Barbara

Why do you have to get rid of those fish? A blue tang SHOULD be alright, OR a yellow would be fine. A flame angel should also be fine in a tank that size. I don't know about pearl jaw fish and their compatability so I won't comment on that. A lion fish will eat smaller fish. How big was the panther grouper? They get big and will eat what it can fit in its mouth, ie clown, smaller hawkfish, jawfish. Do some research on the fish you like and see about their compatability and minimum tank sizes.

I have a similar set up as yours. The yellow tang would be cool, but the blue tang might not be such a great idea. They get very big and need lots of space to swim and graze otherwise they pace back and forth and usually end up stressed out and ich'ed up no matter what you do. Flame Hawk is awsome, so is the marroon. I would just add from what you have now. Your set up is sound with a great skimmer, live rock and a sterilizer. As long as you have decent water flow you should be cool. How about an angel (Flame, majestic, coral beauty, or eibli)

Back
Top Bottom