Pics of the sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
here are those pics

in the picture of the accual tank, is that to much??

Attachments

• im000279.jpg
    im000279.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 130
  • im000280.jpg
    im000280.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 79
  • im000281.jpg
    im000281.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 137
i have 3-4 inches in it now, Ill prolly stay at that be cause i already used 2 full bags of it....

i bought it at walmart also, so if anyone has a walmart around them, its cheap sand...

Looks like normal silica based sand. Meijer sells a nice white silica sand as well. Don't think I would do a DSB wth silica though. It will be harder on the organisms/critters to do a good job of sifting since the edges are sharp.

Somone correct me if I am wrong...

ellisz said:
Looks like normal silica based sand. Meijer sells a nice white silica sand as well. Don't think I would do a DSB wth silica though. It will be harder on the organisms/critters to do a good job of sifting since the edges are sharp.

Somone correct me if I am wrong...

I agree

well its argonite sand...
I also thought it was when a took a look at it, and i was very dissapointed...but i tested it with vinegar and it was argonite that is why i have a deep sand bed....

i tested it with vinegar and it was argonite that is why i have a deep sand bed....

Well, that is another story. I swear that sand was mentioned last year and tested as silica sand. If it is aragonite sand, that is a good find.

I bought a bag last year at meijer thinking it was aragonite but alas, it was not.

Yah a lot of people thought it was selica...i did too at first...but once i tested it, its argonite sand....

I went to the new walmart in my area and they had two kinds of sand. One was in the same bag that you have but it was a dark sand :? and the other was a white sand called "Gulf Coust White Beach Sand" :D . So i got the gulf coust sand.

Just thought i would share my find

Back
Top Bottom