Ping, ping, snap snap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our peacock mantis in his 10g tank hangs out of a rock all day and any crab that passes gets attacked. As I sit here tonight with the lights off it's ping-o-rama for the shrimp. and "let's lose another leg" night for the crabs.

There is one particular crab in his tank with only 5 legs left, and many more crabs in there that have yet to lose an appendage. Yes, there's plenty of LR chunks for the crabs to hide in, but to no avail.

No peace, man. I should get some video footage of the shrimp jumping out at the crabs. I know where he lives and have seen him attacking the crabs daily and repeatedly. Fearless and beady eyed is he.

In the time it took to write this, mr mantis shrimp has pinged about 50 times right here 8 feet away.

Not to mention I probably have at least 5 mantises/pistols in the 55 right now that go on a snapping fest every time the tank is fed.

Oh and the giant spider crab that bent the net when I tried to trap it, and the rest of the crabs that took my bottle cap from my trap.

I have an invertebrate uprising building up here I can just feel it.

This is why I have weird dreams about crabs in my room when I go to bed at night.

Not to mention I probably have at least 5 mantises/pistols in the 55 right now that go on a snapping fest every time the tank is fed.
They are probably the blue legged pistol shrimps.. They are quite noisy and fisty.. I had a mated pair :( but one died full of eggs.. :( that was going to be my free food :(

Oh and the giant spider crab that bent the net when I tried to trap it, and the rest of the crabs that took my bottle cap from my trap.

I have an invertebrate uprising building up here I can just feel it.

This is why I have weird dreams about crabs in my room when I go to bed at night.

Your Wierd lol In a good way that is LOL

James

I'm going to have a madasafish episode eventually where one of the big ones crawls out and starts heading for my bedroom.

Ack, what if you had a high-speed ghost crab loose in the house... How would you catch it!! hehe

Back
Top Bottom