pink BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Pink BTA and when I first got it was pure white with really pink tips, now the whole thing is like a pinkish brown. Is that normal for a BTA in captivity? I try to feed it peices of shrimp once in a while and it has grown, but Im not sure why the color change. (I would post pics but I havent figured out how to put them up)

What lighting do you have. Where is he located in the tank, is it getting a lot of light? My red BTA has stayed very red in my 33 gallon with 192W of PC lighting...

for a year I had it under 130W PC and it was located mid way up on the side. When I transfered tanks it moved around until it located itself on top directly under the 175W 20K metal halides.

I've never seen or heard of a white w/pink tip bta. Are you sure it's not a condy or a sebae.

I have a Pink BTA and when I first got it was pure white with really pink tips
It may have been bleached when you bought it from improper handling, lighting, etc. Most likely the color change your seeing is the zooxanthellae coming back. FWIW, there is a pic in my gallery of my BTA after it bleached due to a lighting upgrade(VHO to MH) if you want to see what bleaching looks like.

Back
Top Bottom