Pink fairy wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would a pink fairy wrasse work with a dwarf antenatta lion and snowflake eel. Before anyone sees "wrasse" and is like "NO". Please consider all wrasse's are not temperamental. But if in your honest opinion this is a bad idea. I won't attempt it. The wrasse I am looking at is 4 inchs my snowflake is 6 inchs.

Liveaquaria says peaceful, but I don't consider them the perfect source.

I have a blue sided fairy wrasse who occasionally will run at my other fish (ocellaris clown, bangaii cardinal and ochre striped cardinal), but only for a second and never long enough to induce much stress, so I think you'd be okay as far as aggression that way. I'd be more concerned about the lion eating him.

Yea I wouldn't worry about the wrasse bullying anyone in that tank. I would also worry that he will one day be lunch.

Cool, I am happy to here this. The lion only gets 6-7 inch. Hopefully this wouldn't be an issue. One more question. If I decided against the wrasse, could I get a fox face? It would go along with my predator/venomous tank.

Readingexcalibur said:
Cool, I am happy to here this. The lion only gets 6-7 inch. Hopefully this wouldn't be an issue. One more question. If I decided against the wrasse, could I get a fox face? It would go along with my predator/venomous tank.

...how big is the tank?

70g w/ 10g sump. 50 pounds of live rock. Should have mentioned that sorry. Most of that crammed in the sump. Believe it or not lol

Readingexcalibur said:
70g w/ 10g sump. 50 pounds of live rock. Should have mentioned that sorry. Most of that crammed in the sump. Believe it or not lol

Do it. I love my one spot todd

Fairy wrasses are fine to have with any fish. I have 10 wrasses in my reef tank. They are all peaceful with each other and all the other fish. The smallest fish i have is a tiny neon goby and they dont even mess with him. I wouldnt worry about it. I have 3 fairy wrasses, 3 flasher wrasses, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 leopard wrasse, 1 christmas wrasse, 1 yellow coris wrasse plus all the rest of the fish i have and everybody gets along

Jabibi said:
Fairy wrasses are fine to have with any fish. I have 10 wrasses in my reef tank. They are all peaceful with each other and all the other fish. The smallest fish i have is a tiny neon goby and they dont even mess with him. I wouldnt worry about it. I have 3 fairy wrasses, 3 flasher wrasses, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 leopard wrasse, 1 christmas wrasse, 1 yellow coris wrasse plus all the rest of the fish i have and everybody gets along

Thats crazy!!! Dont want to get off topic, but how big is the tank?

150 gallons sps dominated reef. I have 21 fish in total.
I have the 10 wrasses
4 anthias
2 onyx clowns
3 tangs
1 pyramid butterfly
1 neon goby

Ok, I purchased a fox face today. Fish is so cool. However, my salinity is 1.025. The lfs salinity was 1.014. I am using a refractometer. I am drip acclimating. But I didn't even know a saltwater fish can survive that low. He was swimming around and bright colored at the lfs.

Fish are not effected by salinitly like corals are. Fish can survive very low levels becase think, they are treated with hypo all the time! Lol dont raise it too fast tho, could still be harmful. Awesome fish!!!! I love mine!!!!!

I talked with a manager at an LFS before about this, and he said they kept the salinity down to try and curb ich outbreaks. They kept it at about 1.018 and I thought that was really low too. IMO, it makes acclimating that much harder on the consumer, and the fish, but they don't want to lose fish at the store.
I don't know if it's true or not, but this was the reason I was given.
Good luck with the Foxface, Ex!

Still acclimating, he isn't looking to good in the bucket. Stressed and laying down. I don't think I can get it to drip any slower. His salinity has gone up to 1.020. Still has to make it to 25.

Really nice looking Foxface, Ex!! Never really cared for them, but the more I see of them on here, the more they are growing on me!
Good luck with him!! :)

Back
Top Bottom