pink gulf shrimp ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamaboy2go

Aquarium Advice Regular
went fishing this week end an used live shrimp for bait. at the end of the day we had about 6 of the live shrimp that we did not use. when I got back I put them in the tank 55 gal. they have been doing a great job of cleaning up the deep sand bed, an giving us all a good show as they move in an out of the live rock. the cat does not want to miss a minute of the shrimp working the sand. been in for 3 days now and doing great, any thoughts?

I've wondered about this too. I just figured nobody has them because either they're bad to have (destructive) or they just aren't in demand (ugly). Maybe next time I go fishing I'll bring a few home.

I was the same, but as of now they are great, never had the sand bed worked so good. They stay under the sand most of the time with only the eyes out. when one comes up they all do and start looking for food. they have done a good job on the LR also at cleaning it up. looked them up on net they only live 2 years but for 3.50 for 12 no big deal to replace.

No corals just the fish and Lr in this tank. this is the tank that Ivan took out. The shrimp are one of the 3 main shrimp in the gulf great bait an at full size great to eat. a lot like the white shrimp on the east coast

do a search for live shrimp or gulf live shrimp. friends that have been over love the shrimp in the tank. they are fun to watch as they swim around the tank. they go down to the sand an it's like in 30 sec. they go under the sand. they dig in the sand an eat something that they find in it. will go back to the bait shop wed. get some for other tanks www.ocean.udel.edu/mas/seafood/shrimp.html

Back
Top Bottom