Pink spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any one have a pink spotted goby in there reef tank if so is it true they eat shrimp?

image-970247276.jpg

I have one in my 125g reef. Whether he eats shrimp is still unknown. I lost 5 cleaners and 3 peppermints in that tank and it's either this goby, a tang or a pistol shrimp. Never found out which one it was but I am not adding anymore shrimp I don't think. lol

I might return him then cause I would hate to see my shrimp get eaten

I'm not for sure for sure he did eat them, but I won't take the chance...It could be just fine with yours...

anyone else wanna jump in?

I've seen fish go after shrimp if you drop them in during lighted times as larger fish think its food. I'd try it if I were you, but add them when the lights are out and everyone is sleeping or otherwise chillin'. You're talking cleaner shrimp, right? They can't fit in that goby's mouth too easily. Sexy shrimp are kinda small and all bets are off. :)

Carey, did your shrimp TOTALLY dissapear? Found no pieces anywhere? Between those three in your tank, I'm thinking a rouge pistol. But I've had up to 2 pistols in a tank and 5 cleaners and never had an issue.

The shrimp were just killed, not even eaten or gnawed on. Just found them dead, some broken in half.....:-(

austinsdad said:
I've seen fish go after shrimp if you drop them in during lighted times as larger fish think its food. I'd try it if I were you, but add them when the lights are out and everyone is sleeping or otherwise chillin'. You're talking cleaner shrimp, right? They can't fit in that goby's mouth too easily. Sexy shrimp are kinda small and all bets are off. :)

Carey, did your shrimp TOTALLY dissapear? Found no pieces anywhere? Between those three in your tank, I'm thinking a rouge pistol. But I've had up to 2 pistols in a tank and 5 cleaners and never had an issue.

I got 2 skunk cleaners and a fire which those are pretty big the smallest ones ate the peppermint I read that they will eat whatever fits in there mouth so I wouldn't want my poison smith goby and fire fish to be in any harm I was pretty surprised with that info cause it seems friendly and all.

carey said:
I have one in my 125g reef. Whether he eats shrimp is still unknown. I lost 5 cleaners and 3 peppermints in that tank and it's either this goby, a tang or a pistol shrimp. Never found out which one it was but I am not adding anymore shrimp I don't think. lol

Do you keep any small fish with it?

austinsdad said:

In my 75 i had a cleaner shrimp and at the time i had a sleeper goby (goldenhead) about 4" . From one day to another my shrimp completely disappeared , I also thought it could have been the goby till this day it's still a mystery!

Back
Top Bottom