Pink tail trigger diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a few question on this topic. I know he eats the same stuff as my puffer is going to eat but in my saltwater encyclopedia says that they eat a lot of algae as well which contradicts live aquarias description of just meaty foods and inverts. Also what about feeding them nls pellets? Thanks

Hondatek said:
I had a few question on this topic. I know he eats the same stuff as my puffer is going to eat but in my saltwater encyclopedia says that they eat a lot of algae as well which contradicts live aquarias description of just meaty foods and inverts. Also what about feeding them nls pellets? Thanks

I feed my triggers frozen shrimp, formula 1 pellets, and squid.

Ok I'll get some pellets then. I wasn't sure if they were not supposed to eat pellets like puffers. Have your ever eaten algae before?

My triggers now and ones before them have always eaten some of the nori i would put in for the tangs and angels..Triggers would eat anything you throw in there,,or at least try it :)
Do they need it,probably not ..If you don't have herbivores to feed i wouldn't worry about it

Thanks . I feed the angel seaweed so it will be available once they are in the same tank. Wasn't sure if i should offer the trigger some in qt or not since I want to keep feeding to a minimum while he is in there.

I wouldn't worry about offering it to him..
I would get some frozen trigger formula for it though

FTMMWS said:
No ,not really..they like it :)
Your puffer will too

Haha of course he will lol he would eat a cheeseburger if I gave it to him . Im headed to the Lfs now I'll see if they have it.

Back
Top Bottom