Pink Tip Bubble Nem Confusion!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baldyguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My BTA has split which is great however............. I now have 3 from 1...... is that common?

I have tested my water and results are following:

Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
SG 1.023
PO4 1.5
PH 8.3
Temp 79f

Fed her Tues and gulped it down as normal, when she split no probs.... however I now have 3 from it so I am a little confused as to why it has happened twice...... all 3 react to touch/shock so seem fine.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

I feed her once every 4-5 weeks with a cockle.........any more she spits it out, had her in the tank 6 months.

wow.....never had that happen, but it's pretty cool. do you have enough room for 3 full grown anemones in your tank, or do you have another place you can move any?
reason is, when you add corals, if some have soft polyps sometimes the anemones will latch on to them. I used to have heck with mine going after my Xenia, and flower pot

I have an 8x2x2 tank so loads of room for them...........no corals yet but will be able to place away from the 'nems'!

cool...as long as water is good, and they like where they're at, they shouldn't walk on you too much...that's where I had problems...attack of the walking nemone

PO4 seems way high. you may want to try to get it down ASAP. While stress from the high PO4 could cause stress enough for your anemone to split, it could also have split natuarlly. Having one slpit into two and then having one of the pairs split again is not that uncommon. I have had it happen a couple of times myself. BTW...what do you have for lighting?

Good catch on that PO4. Yeah, get that down as quick as you can. I'm surprised you aren't posting about algae issues.

Anemones will split for a number of reasons and one of them is stress. A stressed anemone will split rather quickly. I don't know why that is but I have read it several times.

I'd love to see some pics!!!

PO4 is being adressed as I speak with loads of removal media (0.8 from 1.5) and I am in the process of looking for a PO4 reactor to run constantly.......many thanks for all the advice guys........gratefully received.

For Ziggy!!!!!!!!!!

As requested 1 before the split & 1 after now there are 3!!

Attachments

• DSC01609.jpg
    DSC01609.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01614.jpg
    DSC01614.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 104
I see what you mean however she is a good colour in the flesh, under the blue & moon spots she goes florescent so she must have plenty of algae in her.......... I have 3x150 MH and I don't think the pic helped with the flash.

Was it a darker color when you got it? If so then it is bleaching out right now. My guess is it split because of stress. Given time, good flow and excellent water conditions the anemone should settle back in and color up.

It has always been that colour and feeds well............. I put it in and she roamed till she found that crevice (there's enough of them) and settled. MH are only from midday till 2130. Water is fine & PO4 is coming down daily so should be fine. Many thanks for all the advice...... in oyur opinion what colour should it be?

Most BTAs are darker in color but that isn't always the case. If it seems to be doing well and inflating daily then it is probably ok. The only thing I do differently with mine is I don't feed it at all. It gets food as it floats into it or my clowns take food to it.

If you notice it expelling waste a lot then don't feed it at all.

Back
Top Bottom