Pink Tip Haitian Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After doing a bit of reasearch, I figured I would try a Pink Tip Haitian Anemone. Its pretty small - a few inches spread out. I've wanted to try one and was reading this is a good 'starter'/ easier to care for. My only concern is that I've read it can catch and eat fish ( but clowns will sometimes host them, although not as likely with this species)

Has anyone had much experience with this species? I'm a bit concerned since some people on another forum have claimed they've eaten a clown or a damsel. The book I was reading said they will do well with high lighting and whatever floats by ( dont need to be target fed) but I should I am guessing, every few weeks to make sure its not tempted to get my fish, right?

Right now I have my PC bulbs on ( 2 x 96 watt). I was rerading this is sufficient - would the MH be too much for them? I cant find a definate answer.

The darn thing likes to move a lot! Interesting.. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I have one.. and it stings my clown.. he tried to host but failed.. it doesnt appear to care what swims buy it.. and ill target feed it a silverside while feeding my lion on an occasion.. just be prepared for him to move around and go to places you might not like..(places you cant see him)

Have you had any trouble with it trying to snatch healthy fish? I did do some research before buying it ( found it was pretty easy to care for, would fit under my lighting well and as long as it was placed away from other corals, even though it may wander it should be ok). I consulted a marine invert book, several webpages and forums.
Its decided right now, its happy underneith my live rock.. lol. figures.

I was pretty happy..

until....
Ive read mixed reviews about this after digging deeper online. I've seen a few people post these things will eat clownfish! But some have also posted that although unlikely, they will possibly host ( its an atlantic species). is it more agressive than most?

I need some expert advice on this. I can return it within 7 days. I feel a bit dumb, I thought I did some deep reasearch on it, but now I'm a bit worried. Any help appreciated!

My mom has a Clarkii that has hosted with hers. It is extreamly rare when they do.. but the chance is there. the thing to watch out for is they like to move and roam around... and dont get more than one in the tank.. they like to attack eachother.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to keep it.. its pretty small, and very interesting. I'll keep an eye on it for now. I fed it some frozen squid ( from marine cuisine) tonight, it seemed happy.

How often do you feed yours btw?

I feed mine about every 3 days or so. I dont use an abundance of food for the other guys... so i dont feel it can really pull any nutrience out of the water like that.

Back
Top Bottom