Pink Tip Tulip Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrongBad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are the pink tip tulip anemones dangerous to have in a tank like mojanos or aptasia? There is a guy selling them on ebay and they look pretty enough.

Are you referring to the pink tip condy? Condylactis gigantea. Could you post a link to the ebay auction so we can see what you are talking about? :D

I have no idea what that is or if it would become a nuisance. Sorry. Try emailing the seller for the scientific name or something that you can do a search of.

LOL... it's a Majano anemone (Anemonia cf. Majano). Indeed a pest species.

grizzvander said:
Majano / Tulip Anemones are green with pink tips. Grows no bigger than the size of a quarter. Does well under all lighting (PC's, VHO and Halides). Great addition for reef or nano tanks due it small size.

Cheers
Steve

Wow, is my face red. lol :oops: I browsed the description but didn't even notice it said that. lol Thanks steve-s. :lol: Man, you can sell anything on ebay. :|

So I've heard all about how aptasia is bad but havent heard much about mojano. Is it a pest for all the same reasons as aptasia? Ie, stings are bad and it reproduces rapidly. IF so, can it also be controlled by peppermint shrimp and Coral banded butterflys?

Back
Top Bottom