Pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reedw20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got back from the fish store with a shrimp and goby pair, I put my goby in and he just sat there while my shrimp walked over by my clownfish, I thought everything was alright so I went to the bathroom, and when I got back he was gone, did my clownfish eat him or did he just go into the rocks? Plz help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably hiding in the rock or more likely under one..
Is your clown big enough to eat him?
Sorry but pretty funny. I am sure he'll pop out .

Probably hiding in the rock or more likely under one..
Is your clown big enough to eat him?
Sorry but pretty funny. I am sure he'll pop out .

Haha yea, my clown is only 2.5 in, I doubt he ate it

I have one, they hide fast and make their homes even faster. He’s under a rock. Where you find the Goby hiding is h same place you’ll find him, you just won’t see him as often. Rarely will come out as the Goby will feed him. Weird Symbiotic relationship. Lol

the only time I see my pistol shrimp is when he burrows up against the glass ,
maybe 1 or 2 times a year , the rest of the time he just hangs out somewhere under the rocks.

Where you find the Goby hiding is h same place you’ll find him, you just won’t see him as often.

My wife has a Hi Fin goby / candy cane pistol shrimp and they are the same way. We see a lot of the little goby's yellow head poking out from under the rock the shrimp chooses to excavate under, and that's it most days! There was stretch of a couple of months the shrimp was not sighted at all, just the goby. However, we usually see it a few times a week lately. It seems to like to come out a couple inches to either dance a bit, pick through the rubble to find the perfect rock to put on the side of the hole or turn around and kick sand all over with its swimmerets!

Back
Top Bottom