Pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
I didn't know pistol shrimp were social. I got a couple on my new liverock and here is a bad pic of two of them. Looks like they are sitting in their windows having a neighborly chat.

im not sure which goby it is but i know someone here knows, i know there is one that has a syboitic relationship with them. i want to say the yellow watchman but im not sure, i know its one of the watchman's

As Morticus stated there are several species of shrimp gobies that will team up with pistol shrimps.

Watchman gobies are readily available and IMO that's why they are so popular, not to mention their bright yellow color is attractive.

Thanks everyone. I am aware of the shrimp gobies and their symbiotic relationship with these shrimp. I just didn't know that pistols were social with each other and though it was cute to see them hanging out. I haven't decided rather I'll get a goby friend or not.

How long does it take the Watchman and the Pistol Shrimp to find each other?

I have a pistol in my tank...got a Yellow Watchman for it. They now mostly keep to entirely different ends of the aquarium. I have had the watchman for 2 weeks...and I see NO interest in by either party to jion forces.

I can definately hear his "snapping"...and I can't figure out why the watchman will not venture from under the rocks to find him.

WC

I wish mine would show themselves. I hear them all the time, but havn't seen them since they were put in. :(

Back
Top Bottom