Pistol Shrimp & Emerald Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a touch of bubble algae that came on a frag. I was too lazy to remove it and my pistol shrimp popped it. Now it's small bubbles on the rocks. I don't mind getting 2 or 3 emerald crabs but worried my tiger Pistol Shrimp will kill them. Anyone ever used this pair together without them killing each other?

How big is your tank? I have emeralds in with a tiger pistol shrimp and havent had any issues. I do have a 6 foot tank though lol. In a too small tank they may have issues with each other, maybe..... but you should be ok as long as the tank isnt tiny. lol

How big is your tank? I have emeralds in with a tiger pistol shrimp and havent had any issues. I do have a 6 foot tank though lol. In a too small tank they may have issues with each other, maybe..... but you should be ok as long as the tank isnt tiny. lol

I have a 4 foot 55 gallon tank. I want to add 2 emeralds to take care of this bubble algae. Just dont want my pistol or goby to end up dead.

In a four foot tank you should be fine. My emeralds have never bothered anything at all. If you have just a few bubbles of algae you can remove them if you are very very careful not to pop them. If you more than a couple maybe the emeralds are the way to go.

In a four foot tank you should be fine. My emeralds have never bothered anything at all. If you have just a few bubbles of algae you can remove them if you are very very careful not to pop them. If you more than a couple maybe the emeralds are the way to go.

Yea I just have a few here and there...

My emerald crab never ate the bubble algae I had. Go to YouTube and search how to remove bible algae. There's a good video showing how to remove manually

Back
Top Bottom