Pistol Shrimp and Paired Gobie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know which Pistol Shrimp is a good Pair with a Blue spotted Watchman Gobie? Let me know

Thanks
:)

I personally dont think that a certain kind of goby will only pair up with a certain type pistol shrimp. If he`s a shrimp goby then he`ll team up with a shrimp . That is if they want to. As you said it`s hit or miss. I just dont think anyone can give you a certain type. JMO

Last edited:
I personally dont think that a certain kind of goby will only pair up with a certain type pistol shrimp. If he`s a shrimp goby then he`ll team up with a shrimp . That is if they want to. As you said it`s hit or miss. I just dont think anyone can give you a certain type. JMO

Fair Enough. I guess I'll just go down this weekend and see what my LFS is talking about, and hopefully come home with one.....

I'm not sure either. A way to have a better chance (just a guess here) pick the shrimp that is from the same area as the goby.....

I was at my LFS yesturday and the owner is going to be breaking down a few tanks. He has a male and female yellow shrimp goby, (in different tanks). He said he will let me have them $$$. They are not with any pistol shimp now, so if I put the gobies and pistol shimp in my tank will they pair up with 1 shimp together?
Dose that question even make any since?
I guess what I mean is, will they be a threesom?

I have a blue spotted goby and believe it or not he doesnt like my pistol shrimp but he adores my sailfin tang what can i say i have tried him with different shrimps but he just loves my tang, if you had an orange spotted goby then it would probably like a pistol shrimp they look out for each other the goby will be the shrimps eyes as he is blind

Back
Top Bottom