Pistol Shrimp and Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toddww1

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my watchman goby has been depressed for weeks hiding in the rocks not even coming out to eat since i rearranged my tank. he was hosting 2 camel shrimp and 1 disappeared. So uesterday i got him a pistol shrimp. within less than a min he was borrowing under my brain coral and the goby excitedy was right under after him. at one point i had tje pistol and goby borrowing under the brain, my clowns hosting all over tje brain and the spotted blenny watching it all very closely lol.
heres my question. i got up in the morning and it looks like a construction crew had been all over the tank. the pistol borrowwed all under my big rock moving alot of sand. i knew this could happen but will he borrow the whole tank or stick to his new palace? i dont want coral getting buried and dying. BTW all my fish seem to stay in the corner where the pistol is watching intently, hilarious to watch.

The pistol should eventually find a home after he finds one that works good for him.

cool. after 24 hrs, he has built shangra la under a big rock. 2 cave holes on either side. havent seen him out though. do they hide all the time?

Toddww1 said:
cool. after 24 hrs, he has built shangra la under a big rock. 2 cave holes on either side. havent seen him out though. do they hide all the time?

I have always seen them active in pics and vids so me and you must've chosen the wrong ones haha because I can only see the antennae of mine most of the time! Sometimes he comes, not sure what for maybe when he needs to stretch his legs but he hides alot! I have a bullseye pistol shrimp

Haha, love it! Any chance you can take a pic? I'd love to see Shangri-la underwater.:popcorn:

ill take one tonight. 48 hrs later he has borrowed from one end to the other with prob 6 or 7 holes in the sand under all the rocks. the lil guy jas to be worn out by now. all the fish still chillin and watching. at one point my 2 clowns goby and blenny were on the brain relaxing. tried to get a pic but they scattered, will try again tonight.

here are some pics. he tunneled from the hole on the left side to the right of the tank.

image-2303865211.jpg

image-1248111485.jpg

image-214357973.jpg

image-3547096346.jpg

pushed the sand all up around the pvc. had to move some coral.

That's a cool.aquascape! Didn't think the goby would be that small. That's one active little dude.

Back
Top Bottom