Pistol Shrimp Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a Randalls pistol Shrimp for my Watchman Goby from Saltwaterfish.com and it looked sick upon arrival. Acclimated it for 2 hours and put it in the tank. Disappeared until the next day when I found the Nass sanils eating him. Today I got a tiger Pistol Shrimp from Liveaquaria. Acclimated him for 3 hours and in he went. dug right under the live rock into the sand and haven't saw him yet....not even the sand mountains being built people talk about....What am I doing wrong? Tank has been setup 2 years. All parameters are spot on. Nothing has dies in my reef in 2 years...

Its recommended to drip acclimate everything for a mininum of a hr. when you introduce a new fish or invert make sure the lights have been off for atleast a hr. that way your current inhabitants has time to calm down, puts less stress on your new attendee. Inverts are usually hardy unless you got a sick one from the pet store. I always look at the critters i buy to make sure they are active.

He'll be fine. I don't see my pistol shrimp for weeks and that's in a 20H. Eventually you'll hear it popping.

Good stuff. Now just hope your rocks are on the bottom of the tank! That bulldozer of a shrimp will make quick work of your gravel in a short period of time. In my opinion they need their very own back up beep..

Back
Top Bottom