Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
Pistol shrimp questions.

Ok I have a randalls shrimp goby in my reef that has been there about a year. So recently I decided it was time to get him a friend. I bought a red pistol shrimp that is about an inch and a half or so. Well the shrimp just sits in these rocks in the middle where I can only see his antennae once in a while and on top of that he is not friends with my fish. Is there any other type of pistol I can try that will be friends with the goby? and if not with eachother or something?

37 gal all glass
50lb LR
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It may take a bit of time for them to pair up ... dont give up hope yet . I have read of it taking up to a year to pair . I also have read that the goby may not pair at all with a shrimp .HTH

Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Yep. May not happen at all. I recently bought two pairs, but they were already living together (claimed that they were harvested that way too) at the lfs.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

pistol, pistol shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com