Pistol shrimp w/o goby.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pryzz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all. I scored a pistol shrimp hitchhiker ages ago, it's still doing well. I'm wondering if I get a shrimp goby will they be friends, it's a 40 gal reef.

Depends also which pistol shrimp. Some such as the bullseye pistol usually don't pair.

I have s bullseye and I put it with goby in tank at same time in same net and they paired instantly

Awesome, might have to look into one, thanks guys.

I have a cleaner shrimp, would he be ok if I added a pistol to my 29 gallon? I want two cleaners eventually, would that be to many inverts for a 30. I just realized how cool the symbiotic relationship of the pistol and watchman is and want one.

Ericwm said:
I have a cleaner shrimp, would he be ok if I added a pistol to my 29 gallon? I want two cleaners eventually, would that be to many inverts for a 30. I just realized how cool the symbiotic relationship of the pistol and watchman is and want one.

I have a pistol/YWG and also a cleaner. They've been in there for months with no problems. My cleaner stays mostly on the rocks, doesn't have any need to go near pistol's burrow openings. I also spot feed the pistol/YWG every day to prevent pistol from getting hungry and hunting.

Back
Top Bottom