Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Afish, what I was tryin to say is that that is an unmeasured temperature, and in reality, is so highly unlikely it can be considered impossible. I am not saying that the shrimp do not move at that speed, or with taht force, or the ability to make a cavitation wave or even produce light with teh dramatic increase in pressure. I am just saying that a theoretical temperature does not mean that that is what it actaully attains. The amount of energy required to attain that type of pressure AND temperature at the same time would also be unimaginable. Seeing as how with either an increase in pressure or temperature, the force required increases exponentially, when you add in increasing both, the force requirements can become amazingly high blindingly fast. So, what I am saying, is that in order for the shrimp to attain the pressures it is evident they can create, the temperature must stay 'relatively' stable in relation to hte pressure.

Secondly, look at some of the sites you have linked, the differances in their listed temperatures are as far off as 100%. When your dealing with temperatures of 5,000K, that is massive, and with those quotes being from sites belonging to national geographic and universities, then the accuracy of those numbers becomes highly suspect.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

No worries. Purely speculative and entertaining. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, big words or no...

Old 10-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey man, when it comes to my tank, you are certianly on the top of the list for people to go to for information.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

"I already gave you my lunch money. What more do you want from me?"

Just realize I am still learning. I have been in the industry and hobby for over seventeen years, but I am smart enough to know that I do not know everything, but I try to learn more every day!
I am always happy to help!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to FishFrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred Darque
Hey man, when it comes to my tank, you are certianly on the top of the list for people to go to for information.
afish, even though i've only known you or reading your posts for a short period of time, I can tell that you are very experienced. I'm pretty confident to do what you advise

No hard feelings, Mantis just pwns

Tags
pistol, pistol shrimp, rim, shrimp, shrimps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com