Placement of corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are actually green tentacles, then there is a ring of purple/blue, then the inside is orange with a small yellow dot in the middle. Sorry for the bad cellphone picture/lighting.

I still need to get my coral up. Does anyone have any advice on where to put them? I posted my pictures before. Thanks.

please don't take this the wrong way as I'm going to say this with good intention

in this pict I see your tank
attachment.php

all I see is algae every where I in good conscious can't over look this
as I know your adding new coral , and corals not cheap !!
don't you think it would make sense to rid all that algae first
between all the phosphates and god knows what else is fueling it
can and will kill any of those new corals very quickly
I want to see you succeed and to be able to be proud of your work of art
I just don't see you spending tons of money on coral and livestock until you correct
the current most obvious issue
I"ve been there myself once upon a time
I just hate the idea of knowing your spending lots of money
just to see it die off within few weeks
I know I may have sounded mean but in no way was it supposed to
I want to see you succeed and maybe one day get TOTM
good luck

please don't take this the wrong way as I'm going to say this with good intention

in this pict I see your tank
attachment.php

all I see is algae every where I in good conscious can't over look this
as I know your adding new coral , and corals not cheap !!
don't you think it would make sense to rid all that algae first
between all the phosphates and god knows what else is fueling it
can and will kill any of those new corals very quickly
I want to see you succeed and to be able to be proud of your work of art
I just don't see you spending tons of money on coral and livestock until you correct
the current most obvious issue
I"ve been there myself once upon a time
I just hate the idea of knowing your spending lots of money
just to see it die off within few weeks
I know I may have sounded mean but in no way was it supposed to
I want to see you succeed and maybe one day get TOTM
good luck

He's right, you have a MAJOR nutrient issue that needs to be handled before you add anymore coral. You need some major wc's over the next couple weeks with 0 tds ro/di and cut back on feeding and lighting to get this under control, or the algae will choke out the coral.

I know what you are saying about the algae. I know it was a huge problem. I had some bad advice about feeding and how long to leave the lights on as well as how much cleanup crew I should have. I did cut the time down on the lights and also the amount being fed and the algae and also got a decent cleanup crew with some help of a very knowledgeable friend and the algae was cut to half of what was in that pic within a few days. It is all but gone now but I still need help with what I have been asking. Thank you for your concern.

I know what you are saying about the algae. I know it was a huge problem. I had some bad advice about feeding and how long to leave the lights on as well as how much cleanup crew I should have. I did cut the time down on the lights and also the amount being fed and the algae and also got a decent cleanup crew with some help of a very knowledgeable friend and the algae was cut to half of what was in that pic within a few days. It is all but gone now but I still need help with what I have been asking. Thank you for your concern.

The addition of a cuc isn't going to cut down on that much algae. You'd need a bunch of big wc's. What are your params? As for your coral, check liveaquaria, they have the basic care info.

My water is testing at 0 for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, specific gravity is 1.024, calcium is 400, alkalinity is 8, temperature is at 78 and phosphate is at 0.2 ppm. I have not tested for PH as I am told that if the rest of what I test for are okay it will be too. I know you don't believe that my cuc as well as less food and water has cleared the tank up that much but here is a pic I took this morning. It is still not perfect but is getting very close and the algae has gone way down in the past two weeks. I also placed my corals around. I hope they are in okay places. Let me know if you see something you think I should move. I am also adding a pom pom xenia this week as soon as I can get up to get it. I think I will put it in the back on top of a rock that you cannot see in this picture. My lighting will probably be changed within the next month as well. Hopefully that will make things look better and more colorful. Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Attachments

• CAM00286[1].jpg
    CAM00286[1].jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom