Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to catmel
Placement of new tank - help! :)

Hello

Just want people's opinions before I get going with anything. Right now I have my 55 gallon tank in my living room, we're getting new flooring and I'll have to be moving it ( fun...) but, I do have an 'empty' space in my dining room.. my only concern is if it is too close to the window? It'd be a few feet from the door that leads to the garage.. which would make it much easier for water changes.. It'd be easier too I think to move everything over BEFORE we have to change the flooring, rather than the same day if we put it back where it is currently.

The first pic is of the dining room -- where the stand with pictures and rocking chair ( against the wall) is, is where the new tank would possibly go. 2nd is where my 55 sits currently... what do you guys think is best? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	livingroom.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	41669   Click image for larger version

Name:	livingroom2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	41670  

Just your average LVT (licenced vet tech) trying to help the world's animals!!
- Melinda
catmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmel
Hello

Just want people's opinions before I get going with anything. Right now I have my 55 gallon tank in my living room, we're getting new flooring and I'll have to be moving it ( fun...) but, I do have an 'empty' space in my dining room.. my only concern is if it is too close to the window? It'd be a few feet from the door that leads to the garage.. which would make it much easier for water changes.. It'd be easier too I think to move everything over BEFORE we have to change the flooring, rather than the same day if we put it back where it is currently.

The first pic is of the dining room -- where the stand with pictures and rocking chair ( against the wall) is, is where the new tank would possibly go. 2nd is where my 55 sits currently... what do you guys think is best? Thanks!
Would you be able to enjoy it in the dining room as much as you do in the living room?How much time do you spend in the dining room each day?to me it looks like it is in the best place now.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't see a problem, though the AC unit may or may not cause a temp issue.

Are you thinking of just putting it there permanently or just until the floor gets done?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to catmel
Not sure, I think it'd be easier to move it over there before the flooring is done. You can still see the tank from the living room if its in the dining room. I kinda like where it is now, but thought it wouldnt be bad there either. The short wall on the left side you see in the living room is the dining room wall.

The AC would be gone in the winter ( its a window summer unit) and the curtain would be closed. It'd be nice because I could just put the hose out the window for water changes LOL.

Typically any temp problems I have with the tank currently is when the AC is not on, it gets a little warm. My main concern was the extra sunlight. Its a bit more direct than in the living room. The window in the dining room faces North.

Just your average LVT (licenced vet tech) trying to help the world's animals!!
- Melinda
catmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com