Placement of new tank - help! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello :)

Just want people's opinions before I get going with anything. Right now I have my 55 gallon tank in my living room, we're getting new flooring and I'll have to be moving it ( fun...) but, I do have an 'empty' space in my dining room.. my only concern is if it is too close to the window? It'd be a few feet from the door that leads to the garage.. which would make it much easier for water changes.. It'd be easier too I think to move everything over BEFORE we have to change the flooring, rather than the same day if we put it back where it is currently.

The first pic is of the dining room -- where the stand with pictures and rocking chair ( against the wall) is, is where the new tank would possibly go. 2nd is where my 55 sits currently... what do you guys think is best? Thanks!

Attachments

• livingroom.jpg
    livingroom.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 222
  • livingroom2.jpg
    livingroom2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 144
catmel said:
Hello :)

Just want people's opinions before I get going with anything. Right now I have my 55 gallon tank in my living room, we're getting new flooring and I'll have to be moving it ( fun...) but, I do have an 'empty' space in my dining room.. my only concern is if it is too close to the window? It'd be a few feet from the door that leads to the garage.. which would make it much easier for water changes.. It'd be easier too I think to move everything over BEFORE we have to change the flooring, rather than the same day if we put it back where it is currently.

The first pic is of the dining room -- where the stand with pictures and rocking chair ( against the wall) is, is where the new tank would possibly go. 2nd is where my 55 sits currently... what do you guys think is best? Thanks!

Would you be able to enjoy it in the dining room as much as you do in the living room?How much time do you spend in the dining room each day?to me it looks like it is in the best place now.

I don't see a problem, though the AC unit may or may not cause a temp issue.

Are you thinking of just putting it there permanently or just until the floor gets done?

Not sure, I think it'd be easier to move it over there before the flooring is done. You can still see the tank from the living room if its in the dining room. I kinda like where it is now, but thought it wouldnt be bad there either. The short wall on the left side you see in the living room is the dining room wall.

The AC would be gone in the winter ( its a window summer unit) and the curtain would be closed. It'd be nice because I could just put the hose out the window for water changes LOL.

Typically any temp problems I have with the tank currently is when the AC is not on, it gets a little warm. My main concern was the extra sunlight. Its a bit more direct than in the living room. The window in the dining room faces North.

Back
Top Bottom