Placing rocks....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I notice allot of tanks have their rock against the back of the glass. Is there any type of benefit to stacking your rock along the back? Right now all my rock is basically in the "middle" of my tank. Is this just a preference?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419796537.148606.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419796560.353575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like your scape! I think it's nice to be able to access the back of the tank for cleaning! That being said, I just set up my new 100 gal and it is close to the back and side to give more depth in front!

All personal preference. Having the Rock the way you have it really allows for maximum flow behind the tank which is a bonus. That's how I had my 75 set up when I had it.

I agree with the comments above. All of my rock is in the middle where I can access and clean the glass. This can be difficult to achieve without the risk of rockslides on narrow tanks.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419871990.406772.jpg

I've got mine 1/3 from the back.

I run wave makers and current behind the stack

Have a tang that does circles all day

Back
Top Bottom