Planning my 240 Help Me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I forgot, but why are you downgrading from your 75 to a 40? No sump is ever too much. Bigger the better of course, but there's going to be a lot of extra room b/c I don't think you would have that big of a skimmer. Sure you'll have more water volume which makes keeping parameters in check easier, but if you want to get a smaller sump I would see no problem in that either. If you had a sump on your 75, where is it?

Sorry, I forgot, but why are you downgrading from your 75 to a 40? No sump is ever too much. Bigger the better of course, but there's going to be a lot of extra room b/c I don't think you would have that big of a skimmer. Sure you'll have more water volume which makes keeping parameters in check easier, but if you want to get a smaller sump I would see no problem in that either. If you had a sump on your 75, where is it?

well im down grading because I would rather have a smaller reef then my current one. I just want the look of a 40g in the wall. I think it will look grate. Or maybe a 50g that is just a bit longer. but not a 75g. I was planning on using the 75g as a sump because then i could use half of the sump for a frag tank. my current sump on my 75g is a 30g long witch would work but i just dont have the frag area then.

I see. I like the frag tank incorporated into the sump idea. I think it would work out great and you wouldn't need an entirely different setup for a frag tank.

Anyone know of other tank builders then glass cages? The closest place they shop I me is a 4hour drive. Maybe I'll contact them about shipping it on a truck but that isn't going to be cheap haha. I want to order the 40g in the next few months. So tryin to figure out where to buy it from. I want star fire glass on the front and for it to be reef ready.

Back
Top Bottom