plants and animals...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i like fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i have fuge and i wanted to caulerpa into it...after some research i realize that this is fast growing and needs lots of pruning but then i found this other plant halimeda which is slower and lasts a long time, and seems to be better than caulerpa. My question is how do they compare and could i put both in the fuge , would the more plants variety be better or would some choke out others?

Also, i am curious about pods.Amphipods and copepods.How do you get them, how do they multiply and what good are they... i have been searching on the web adn everything is very scientific and like about the ocean and stuff, if anyone knows about a site that would help me with these things or any advice would be great, thanks

I kno nothing about macro algae.

pods usually hitchhike in on live rocks and corals. They can be a food source for your fish,corals, mobile inverts. They multiple big time if provided a safe place(refugium) where they won't be preyed upon. They are like scavengers and will eat left over fish foods and other stuff. Good to have pods.

best to stay with one type of macro algae in your fuge ! the faster the algae grows the more nutrients its pulling out of the water !

Back
Top Bottom