Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Plate coral

Plate coral seen way to inflated he was fine for the first 3 weeks, anyone have any suggestions why this may be?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do you mean that it seems way to inflated? If so then no, that is normal for them to be inflated. Maybe if you can post a pic that way we can see if its normal. My long tenticle plate coral gets HUGE compared to it when its all shriveled up.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

A pic would help. Postioningwith these corals is key. They should be placed on the substrate as they have a tendency to "crawl" off rock work and they will need occasional dusting to keep them free of sand that can cause irritation to the animal.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My plate is always smaller in the morning and first few hours after the lights come on, later in the evening he is full and puffy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_042506_003_400.jpg (72.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree. My plate coral is HUGE in the afternoon and in the morning it is really small. Yours looks good to me. I have a Long tenticle so it would look a bit different than yours. However like lando said, positioning is the key with these. My long tenticle was moving because he didnt like the flow where I had him in my old tank. He was actually crawling up this rock that I put in the way to keep him from my brain. Every couple of days I would have to slide him back over to his spot so that he didnt get to close to the brain. Anyway if they arent happy where they are at you'll know it. If he's sucked in all the time then he is stressed out. But if its all puffy like it is now, its doing just fine.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com