Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Why does my condy anenome do this all the time
And also why do I keep getting this algea

Attachments

• image-3944978632.jpg
    image-3944978632.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image-4165945205.jpg
    image-4165945205.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 108
Anemones periodically close from time to time so it's really no cause for concern unless its for long periods of time. What's your tank testing?Also the green film on your sand isn't algae it's Cyanobacteria. The best product I have found the treat and get rid of it is chemiclean. Just be sure to do a water change and suck out as much of it as you can before you add the treatment. You also need to remove your carbon and turn off your skimmer and uv sterilized.

Okno it's coming back out after about a half hour

Attachments

• image-2172651186.jpg
    image-2172651186.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 98
Then it's fine. Just part of its daily cycle. It helps it to expel waste water and stuff like that.

Strong flow will also not allow Cyanobacteria to form, it likes nice calm areas. I think weekly water changes, watching how long your tank lights are on and a proper feeding regiment will cure your problems without use of additional chemicals. But Polysorb and Chemipure can help if there is no natural way to get organic levels down. Cyanobacteria can grow in tanks with very low organic levels, there is thought that says selenium, that is in some salts and some sand can cause it to grow. In my tank, it can start where there isn't any current at all. Like in a corner.

Very true, tap water is a no no. Too much junk in it. Always use RO/DI water to make up your saltwater, it is cheap and it prevents a lot of problems down range.

Back
Top Bottom