please help, connecting equip and forgot how....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnnnetteM

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I am connecting my equipment today and my tank has been down 5-6 months and was set-up from LFS first time. Now I forgot....ok here it goes....I already have the overflow hose going to the wet dry, the skimmer is seperate unit inside the sump, then rio 2100 out of the sump into the uv ster top hole, then bottom hose going to chiller, now here's where I'm stuck.... I have another rio 3100 that I assume pumps the water back into the tank, but there is another hose going from the chiller out (to where?) and another hose for the return coming up to the check valve! I have two hoses and one rio 3100 ????? I know I have all the equip, but now I'm confused. Please help as I would love to get this hooked up and filled to check for equip leaks. Thanks- :?: :?

Perhaps the chiller has 2 outlets? Just incase you need to have it going 2 places afterwords?

nope, it clearly has an in hose and an out hose? so confused...how bout I take a pic and maybe you could help?

yes, it's long enough, but the way it was before I don't know how when the hose that is connected to the check valve isn't long enough to reach the bottom of the sump. So that makes sense what you say. Chiller hose to sump and rio 3100 to hose for check valve back into return of tank. Is this what you are saying?

ok, will try, but it just didn't make sense to me that when the tank was broken down the hose was left on the check valve returning to tank and the hose is too short to reach into sump to connect rio3100. Will try in awhile though and then fill a couple of gallons and hope for no leaks in hoses or equip. Thanks, will let you know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom