Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Please help me find somewhere online ...

1. Tongs or some kind of tweezers to feed a star, shrimp and eventually an Anemone. I need something around 12 to 14 inches (I want to keep my mitts out of the water!). Everything I can find is about 6 inches max.

2. Pipette or something (not a Turkey Baster, too large 8O ) to direct feed a colony of feather dusters with plankton and micro-vert food. Again, needs to be a little over a foot long.

55g Reef
(3) Maxi-Jet 1200's, Wavemaker Pro
AquaC Remora Skimmer
100lbs Live Rock
20g Refugium
(1) Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Peppermint Shrimp
(2) False Percs
(1) Orchid Dottyback
(1) Lawnmower Blenny
(1) Flame Angel
(1) Spotted Mandarin
(1) Red Brittle Star
(1) Banded Serpent Star

"But then again, fish do tend to eat one another. I often wonder ... if fish get awfully tired of seafood? What are your thoughts Hobson?"
gear-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I highly suggest going to the local flee market if you have one they always have this stuff long hemo's of all kinds made of stainless etc...

kidkameleon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
As far as a way to feed them with a pipe or something. How about some ridged tubing. You should be able to find some that you could use....Do it like a straw...finger on the top till you want to let it go..then move your finger. You could also attatch it to a wide mouth syringe (the kind they use to feed birds with) or the turkey baister...that would give you more control.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
I got one of these at work a few months back and it works pretty good to feed stuff.

Here's another one that's even cheaper
jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com