Please help me redecorate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooju

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am having trouble figuring out where to arrange all my corals so I'm hoping if I post some pics you all will have suggestions. Unfortunately I'm also having trouble taking good pics! But hopefully these will be good enough. Current movable occupants include:

bottom left - 1 branching frogspawn
upper left - 1 thin finger leather
bottom middle - blue mushroom rock (1 large, 5 small mushrooms)
various places - 3 zoanthids (yellow, green, red)
upper ridge, left of center - 1 small (golf ball) green star polyps
bottom middle, right of center - 1 medium (baseball) neon green star polyps

I also have a few that can't be moved:
bottom right - xenia island (attached to baseball sized rock "island" to prevent spreading)
bottom left on rocks - 4 colors ricordia mushrooms
top middle, right of center - 1 colony brown zoas attached to large piece live rock

Who needs the most light or flow? Do mushrooms tend to grow/spread toward the light or toward the substrate? I'm really having trouble placing all my little friends and would like to decide on a final location before reintroducing fish to the tank...please help!

Attachments

• IMG_4210.jpg
    IMG_4210.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 62
I would put the blue or purple mushrooms up on a rock and they will climb the rock. I started with one and have this right now

100_1572.JPG

So yours tend to climb up, not down? There's a perfect spot for them up high, right of center, but I was worried that it would be too much light for them. Is this a valid concern with CF lighting? Some day I'd like to upgrade my lighting but that's probably a couple years away.

and given my lighting, is the frogspawn okay stuck into the substrate? the flow is good (he's below the sump return) as long as there is enough light at the bottom of the tank.

It would not let me see it without a password. Just copy and paste it on the post. To be honest it climbed up and down on my rock.

Host them on your server, like you've done. Then, when making your post, one of the icons above is a little picture with some mountains on it. Click that, insert the URL of your hosted image, and hit ok.

If you hit the post reply and then click on the paper clip and then click on Browse and find the pic and upload. Then hit the paper clip again and it will have your attachment to put on the post.

Back
Top Bottom