Please help! tank problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HAireman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im very new to saltwater and i have a boyu hs 60 tank, just a minute ago it started pumping only air into the tank and i checked the filter compartment on the left and there is no water getting into it, what can i do??

Is there a small gateway lift up or down to control waterflow to the pump?

Add more water?? If You didn't fill the main tank up enough that's what's happening. That is the chamber that will drop/rise with water added so it may not have had enough water to make the overflows work.

thanks for you help, it was not enough water to fill that compartment. didnt know if that was the problem because getting alot of evaporation, seem to be putting water in there all the time. i kind of rushed into salt water after having freshwater for six months, dont understand to much about it but learning slowly as i go!

HAireman said:
thanks for you help, it was not enough water to fill that compartment. didnt know if that was the problem because getting alot of evaporation, seem to be putting water in there all the time. i kind of rushed into salt water after having freshwater for six months, dont understand to much about it but learning slowly as i go!

My 55 evaporates 1/2 gallon a day

im from australia so dont really know gallon, thats why its hard to understand what you guys are talking about sometimes, when i bought this tank the guy had cut the light out so i have the lid open because i put a light in it that is longer than the tank so i think thats why im losing more

HAireman said:
im from australia so dont really know gallon, thats why its hard to understand what you guys are talking about sometimes, when i bought this tank the guy had cut the light out so i have the lid open because i put a light in it that is longer than the tank so i think thats why im losing more

Yes stronger light will evaporate more i use metal halides and add water every morning and evening

ok thanks, i here alot about r/o water is that just premixed with salts? i just add my salts to tap water then syphon it into my tank, is this ok?

HAireman said:
ok thanks, i here alot about r/o water is that just premixed with salts? i just add my salts to tap water then syphon it into my tank, is this ok?

I wouldn use tap water i use ro/di

HAireman said:

Also replace evaporated water with water not saltwater because salt dont evaporate

Back
Top Bottom