Please help! Water smells like rotten eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
answere to rotten egg smell

i have the solution after having this rotten egg problem also..i tried every chemical known,also changed water a million times it seems..and loads of airation to no avail..the answere was tons of good quality activated carbon..i mean alot,i have 5 big pouchs in my fx5 pump..believe me..its the only answere to the rotten egg smell as the carbon cleans out the organics causing the foul and dirty smelly water:fish1:

So I have a biocube 14 g that whenever I open the little feeding lid, it smells bad. I tried turning off the lights and it smells a little less, but smells nonetheless. I see little bubble coming from the sand so maybe that's it? All the fish are acting normal, please tell me what I should do! I DON'T WANT MY FISHIES TO DIE!!!!!!! D:

Have the water checked to see if it's possibly ammonia as well

Hydrogen sulfide is dangerous even to people. It comes from decaying waste and organic material. Stirring your sandbed could be lethal to your tank if the levels get high enough. You need to thoroughly siphon your sand bed. Your sandbed is a nutrient sink, it is becoming a toilet. Either clean the sand very thoroughly or replace it all together before the problem becomes unfixable. Just my advise. Many people disturb the sand when this problem occurs and massive death ensues. Releasing all the gas at once is not a good idea generally. You need to keep your sand clean.

i have the solution after having this rotten egg problem also..i tried every chemical known,also changed water a million times it seems..and loads of airation to no avail..the answere was tons of good quality activated carbon..i mean alot,i have 5 big pouchs in my fx5 pump..believe me..its the only answere to the rotten egg smell as the carbon cleans out the organics causing the foul and dirty smelly water:fish1:
I agree with with adding quality carbon, you will notice a difference overnight somewhat. I would first check your nitrate levels to see if anything has died (ie. sponges etc.)

Back
Top Bottom